After you have scheduled your appointment with us:
- Make sure your pet is current on vaccinations. Vaccinations can be given the day of surgery if desired.
- Do not feed your dog or cat after 8pm the night before surgery. Water is ok. Rabbits DO NOT need to be fasted.
The morning of surgery:
- Do not feed your cat or dog. Kittens, puppies (under 6 months), and rabbits do not need to be fasted.
- Arrive between 7-8:30am. If you arrive after 8:45am there will be an additional fee and/or we may not be able to admit your pet. We do not admit any patients after 9:15am.
- Bring dogs on a leash. For their comfort, take them out to relieve themselves before coming in.
- Cats should be in a carrier.
- Rabbits should be in a cage or carrier with a small amount of food for the day.
**If you have old newspapers to recycle, we can always use them!**
When your pet is discharged:
- We discharge surgery patients between 2-3:30pm
- You will be asked to sign in on our ipad kiosk with the name of your pet
- We close promptly at 4pm. If you arrive after 4pm, there will be an additional fee and/or your pet may have to spend the night in the hospital for an additional fee
- If you cannot pick your pet up by 4pm, you are welcome to have a friend or family member pick them up for you
- Your pet will be awake and able to walk but may be slightly sleepy from the anesthetic and pain medication
- See below for detailed instructions on the post-operative care of your pet over the next week