All dogs in Orange County over the age of four (4) months are required by law to be licensed and vaccinated against rabies. Residents must provide proof of a California approved rabies vaccination to obtain a license.
* License fees are less expensive for fixed animals *
Orange County Agencies who provide licensing
OC Animal Care provides licensing services for the following cities: Anaheim, Brea, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Huntington Beach, Lake Forest, Orange, Placentia, San Juan Capistrano, Tustin, Villa Park, Yorba Linda, and all unincorporated areas of Orange County.
- Residents owning or having custody of any dog must license the dog within fifteen (15) days of acquisition or within fifteen (15) days after the license becomes due. Licensing your dog provides necessary information to support investigations of cruelty, neglect, abandonment and dog bites. Licensing also indicates ownership of a dog. If your dog is found, OC Animal Care will call and send you a letter. Cat licensing is optional and available through OC Animal Care.
- OC Animal Care is located at 1630 Victory Road Tustin, CA 92782
SEAACA (562) 803-3301
SEAACA provides licensing services for the following areas: Bellflower, Buena Park, Lakewood, La Palma and South Gate.
- All dogs must be licensed within 30 days of becoming 4 months of age or moving into the city. Please bring your animals current rabies certificate and/or sterility certificate. Rabies vaccination must be valid for the entire current licensing period which is July 1 to June 30 for all SEAACA cities except Bellflower. Bellflower’s licensing period is January 1 to December 31.
- SEAACA is located at 9777 Seaaca Street, Downey, CA 90241
FOR OTHER AREAS
La Habra: (562) 905-9771
Bell Gardens: (562) 806-7700
Downey: (562) 904-7246.
Montebello: (323) 887-1447
Norwalk: (562) 929-5711
Paramount: (562) 220-2018
Pico Rivera: (562) 801-4319
Santa Ana: (714) 647-5257 Click here for information
Santa Fe Springs: (562) 409-1850
South El Monte: (626) 579-6540