- Our clinic opened in March, 2011. Since then we have fixed over 60,000 cats, dogs, and rabbits.
- We are a dedicated spay and neuter surgery center not funded by the government or donations.
- Our goal is to help end the pet overpopulation problem in Orange, LA, and Riverside Counties.
- We have strategic partnerships with many local rescue groups including the Orange County SPCA
- We average 20-30 spay and neuter surgeries per day, 6 days a week.
Dr. Heidi Strand has worked in the animal welfare field for most of her veterinary career. She graduated from Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1994. Before moving to Fullerton she worked for the Oakland SPCA’s high-volume spay/neuter centers as well as Tony LaRussa’s ARF.
Dr. Strand has presented veterinary seminars on spay and neuter surgery techniques in addition to training, coaching, and mentoring spay and neuter surgeons. She is committed to ending pet overpopulation and unnecessary euthanasia through spay and neuter programs and education.
Dr. Strand recently obtained her private pilot’s license and is a volunteer for Pilots N Paws Pet Rescue Services.
Articles by Dr. Heidi Strand
“RAVS hits the road to serve rural pets” Bay Woof, Sept. 2010
“Tips for keeping indoor cats happy and healthy”, SF Gate, April 2009
The Pet Vet Says…”, Weekly Advice Column, Danville Express 2007-2009